Thursday, July 17, 2008

Blog 2

Really? Another blog, when you barely update the one you have?

Really. I am looking at starting a video game blog, considering the prolific amount of time I spend playing and reading about them. To those of you who didn't know me in high school, I was a very adept gamer for a long time. I ran a 60 person guild at 16 in Asheron's Call 2,was ranked 7 on my Unreal Tournament 2 server, and was a HUGE fan of many other PC games. I was more or less exculsive to the computer, however these days I pretty much only play my Xbox 360 Elite.

I would cover games, reviews, gear, upcoming titles for the Xbox360 and the computer. What gear do I have? Which router do I use? Do I have a direct link adapter for my xbox, or I did go cheaper? What wireless network do I use? A? B? G? N?

Let me know if there would be any interest.

Love.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just open up your current blog. Hip-hop and video gaming are the two biggest elements of entertainment to this generation.

Anonymous said...

I for one am more interested in video games as a subject than I am in playing them. I played GTA VI for a while, but I didn't finish it because I was busy with Army classes. I'm kind of over it now. Considering the time of year I am starting to get College Football fever and when I get a chance I play my used copy of NCAA football 07. Those games get a huge hype every year, but the game doesn't really change that much. The roster updates are a bigger part of the new sales than anything.

Anyway, even though I don't play that much, I know that a lot of people do. More than that, I think that it is interesting how video games work. I wrote a post about Marshal McLuhan some time ago and have been reading him lately. He often discussed television as a "hot" medium because of the involvement required by the viewer, I wonder how much more he would invoke these types of arguments regarding video games. Here is a link about McLuhan and video games that is really interesting.
http://gamestudies.org/0701/articles/wallin

Headshot

Headshot

Breaktionary

Breaktionary
Qbert